STG recently completed the design and build of a new Costa Drive Thru at Ellesmere Port. All works were designed in line with Costa's standard specification and we provided bases and fixing points for their branding.
The Drive Thru is situated at the busy Cheshire Oaks Outlet, which is open for trading seven days per week. The only access road to the new Drive Thru was shared with the Old Hall Farm Pub, TGI Fridays and a KFC. To form an alliance with the client it was essential that we upheld the Costa reputation by scheduling work considerately to avoid disruption to the neighbouring businesses and their customers. We achieved through the following activities:
- Our Community Liaison Offices generated Newsletters, which were sent to the businesses to introduce STG and the scheme
- Signage was displayed prior to commencing site to make customers aware of the work and our pending start and completion dates
- We provided businesses with contact details for use on a 24/7/365 basis
- Deliveries and material removals were scheduled outside the retail park’s trading hours, particularly the steel frame of the building, which needed to be delivered via a crane
- Developed a Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan and Traffic Management
- Our Senior Planning & Performance Manager developed an SLA and Project Programme to highlight milestones and quality-control elements of the scheme