01977 55 55 50
Financial highlights 2012
The Directors are pleased to announce that we achieved our third consecutive year of double-digit sales growth as the UK construction industry continues to face challenging conditions.
Our like-for-like sales turnover grew by 17.4% to £54.57, 3% ahead of budget. This entire figure is attributable to continued organic growth and the success of our solar photovoltaic service. Our EBITA increased to £2.4m, a margin of 4.4%. This 18.5% rise was achieved through significantly increased sales.
We also generated an exceptionally high level of enquiries, resulting in a year-end, conservatively secured order book of £40.5m – 66% of our turnover budget for 2012/13.
We achieved our third consecutive year of double-digit sales growth despite the worst trading period in the history of the construction industry
Group turnover up by 17.4%
EBITA of 4.4%
We fully met our business objectives, exceeded our financial targets, recruited key personnel and introduced new service lines. We have also increased our involvement in the care and health market, won valuable frameworks in our core market sectors and secured a strong order book for the coming financial year.
Financial stability and certainty continue to be key at Strategic Team Group and our commitment to our team, to customers and our unswerving mission to deliver service excellence are why we have succeeded in difficult trading times.
Group performance highlights:
- Turnover increased by 17.4% to £54.57 million
- EBITA increased by 18.5% to £2.4m
- A conservatively-accounted order book of £40.5m (66% of our turnover budget for 2012/13)
- Several new framework agreements in both the public and private sectors
- Secured and commenced work on our first major care sector project (for The Cambian Group)
- Raised over £30,000 for Help for Heroes
- Created 20 new directly-employed positions and several new long-term relationships with key sub-contractors
- Expanded our service lines to include energy efficiency technology and Land-Inclusive Developments
- Installed solar PV panels to over 900 roofs for Registered Social Landlords and private households
- Gained ISO 14001 environmental certification
- Introduced the ‘Strategic Lions’ brand to support our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, encouraging staff to become part of the fittest and healthiest property services team in the UK...
- ...and the Strategic Lions cycling team won the Race Across America
Strategic Team Group is one of the UK's fastest growing suppliers of building and property services. Since our formation in 2000, the business has developed a unique culture of teamwork and has built a reputation for delivering service excellence.
From our head office in Glasshoughton in West Yorkshire, and offices in Stockport and Bristol, the group has built an enviable customer base in both public and private sectors. We deliver our services to a growing geographical area in regions throughout the UK.
The introduction of a mature investment partner has allowed the group to seek further expansion opportunities. The group is in a strong position to continue its growth plans and to satisfy its internal and external investors.
Our 2012 Annual Report:
- Strategic Team Group Annual Report 2012 - (6.5 MB)
Work commences on key Bradford regeneration project
May 13, 2013The crane is in place and work is underway on 16 new homes for rent at Accent Foundation and Strategic Team Group's development at St Catherine's in Manningham.
Strategic Team Group delivers first specialist intermediate care unit in Leeds: South Leeds Independence Centre
May 9, 2013Construction and property solutions firm Strategic Team Group has completed the £1.3m redevelopment of a former...