01977 55 55 50
Protecting the environment is central to our ethos and we continually look for ways to reduce our environmental impact. In our own operations we are committed to sustainable working practices. By working closely with customers and supply chain partners we seek new and sustainable methods, materials and technologies to reduce the carbon footprint in the built environment.
We have ISO14001 certification and we continually seek to improve our environmental performance as well as our environmental monitoring and management systems.
Our environmental goals:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Minimising waste
- Diverting waste from landfill to recycling and energy generation
- Better management of water resources
- Using renewable energy
- Responsible sourcing to reduce environmental impact
- Protecting natural resources
- To be a leading sustainable business
Improving performance in our operations:
- Ensuring that a minimum of 80% of our site waste is recycled
- Ensuring that a minimum of 5% of our site waste is used for energy generation
- Employing people who live close to our construction sites reducing commuter mileage
- Implementing paperless systems
- Using low energy LED lighting in our offices.
Improvements in construction methods on housing schemes:
- Creating a thermal-efficient shell
- Reducing build times
- Sourcing sustainable materials
- Adopting modern methods of construction
- Using renewable energy
- Employing local labour teams and supply chain partners.
We have found that by improving our own environmental performance we can reduce costs. And because customers are increasingly looking for ways to meet their own environmental targets, we can gain the competitive advantage through our experience and expertise in maximising the environmental performance of construction processes and buildings.
We are working with customers and consultants to achieve the highest code level in new build housing schemes and aiming for Sustainable Code 4 for future developments.
We are also benefiting from new market opportunities in renewable and energy-saving technologies through our dedicated renewable energy service line.
At a time when households all over the UK are under increasing pressure from the higher cost of living including rising...
Hat-Trick for STG projects at National Rail Awards
Sep 20, 2013STG would like to congratulate our partners at Merseyrail and Arriva Trains Wales after Liverpool Central and Swansea picked up three prizes at the 2013 National...