01977 55 55 50
Health and Safety
We will take steps, so far as is reasonably practicable, to meet all Health, Safety and Welfare responsibilities, paying particular attention to:
- The provision and maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- The provision of adequate facilities, handling, storage and transportation of chemicals.
- The provision of sufficient Information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all the company's employees to avoid hazardous situations and contribute positively to their own Health and Safety at work.
- The provision of safe access and egress to and from the workplace.
- The provision of a safe and healthy working environment.
- The provision of adequate welfare facilities.
- The inclusion of Health and Safety into the planning, organisation, controlling, monitoring and review arrangements of our Management Systems.
- The use of suitable and sufficient Risk Assessment techniques to assess the Health and Safety risks applicable to our employees and others who may be affected by our work activities.
A Health, Safety and Welfare Policy is unlikely to be successful unless it actively involves the people who work within the company. The company will therefore seek to ensure effective consultation and communication through the Managing Director responsible for Health and Safety, the Operational Directors, the HSQE Manager, Administration Managers, Contracts Managers and all company employees.
Equally, it is the duty of every employee and subcontractor to take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of him/her self and his/her fellow workers, or other persons who may be affected by their actions at work. In addition to this, the employees and subcontractors must co-operate with the company to enable our statutory duties to be addressed. To achieve this, our employees and subcontractors should correctly use all resources provided by the company in accordance with their training and instruction and must immediately report any defective items to their immediate supervisor.
It is the duty of all employees and subcontractors to ensure that they follow the standards and procedures addressed in this Policy.
We regard the promotion of Health and Safety measures as an integral part of our management framework. To achieve this aim, company employees and managers will actively work together to comply with the following goals:
- Minimising accidents and Incidents at work through the promotion of high safety standards.
- Continuous liaison and communication between company employees and managers to assist the safety review process.
- Continuous and rigorous risk assessments of Health and Safety issues will be applied when planning new work or new activities.
- Including Health and Safety on the agenda of all company business meetings.
- A continuous programme of Health and Safety inspections to assist in detecting and eliminating unsafe practices and conditions.
At a time when households all over the UK are under increasing pressure from the higher cost of living including rising...
Hat-Trick for STG projects at National Rail Awards
Sep 20, 2013STG would like to congratulate our partners at Merseyrail and Arriva Trains Wales after Liverpool Central and Swansea picked up three prizes at the 2013 National...