01977 55 55 50
We monitor all environmental issues and update accordingly in response to advances in legislation and regulations.
This policy has been prepared as a supplement that operates alongside the company's overall Company Health, Safety and Quality Policies.
We are committed to continual improvement within all our working operations including environmental issues and the prevention of pollution from our activities.
The Directors regard the promotion of environmental issues as an integral part of our management framework.
The company is implementing an environmental management system to meet the requirements of ISO 14001 and all company employees and management will actively work together to comply with the system by means of the following goals:
- Minimising the production of waste, and any disposing of waste to be carried out with due care for the environment.
- Ensuring that the transportation of raw materials and products are undertaken in the best, safest and most environmentally responsible way.
- Ensuring that all company vehicles are made as fuel efficient as possible and that their routings are planned to minimise environmental impacts on local residents and the areas we are working in.
- Striving to minimise the use of new products where other recycled materials provide a suitable substitute.
- Recycling of waste materials or products, and making every effort to ensure that they are recycled in an environmentally responsible way in order to conserve resources.
- Minimising the use of energy resources both within the organisation and when undertaking our site activities.
- Compiling, updating, and making this Environmental Policy publicly available.
- Ensuring that all working operations comply with current legislation and other relevant environmental requirements.
- Being a responsible employer and neighbour.
- Ensuring that all employees deployed by the company, including subcontractors, undertake their duties in line with the above statement, and through training and effective communication are made aware of their responsibilities and obligations.
At a time when households all over the UK are under increasing pressure from the higher cost of living including rising...
Hat-Trick for STG projects at National Rail Awards
Sep 20, 2013STG would like to congratulate our partners at Merseyrail and Arriva Trains Wales after Liverpool Central and Swansea picked up three prizes at the 2013 National...